FOREIGN STUDENTS STUDYING AT NAMCOL
The Namibian College of Open Learning (NAMCOL) is a semi-autonomous educational institution created by an Act of Parliament (Act No 1 of 1997) and operates under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture. NAMCOL offers study opportunities to adults and out-of-school youth. The programmes that the College offers are in three categories; Secondary Education, Tertiary Level and Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programmes.
On an annual basis, the College receives request from foreign nationals wishing to pursue studies. Through your kind office, the College wishes to inform prospective applicants to submit the following documents when applying for studies at the College.
- Study permits, this is a national directive issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs that all students of foreign origin must first apply for study permits at the Ministry before approaching any educational institution for enrolment.
- Passport valid for at least a year.
- Identification Document.
- A valid Visa ( if required)
- Police Clearance
- Highest educational qualifications certified by Namibian Qualifications Authority and
- Medical Clearance Report.
All prospective learners/students could you please approach the College in order to receive a letter of intent which you can use to apply for study permit at the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration. The application period for the following academic year for all programmes will run from July to August each year.