Visa and Consular
All visitors travelling to Namibia for business purposes need a Visa prior to travel. The business visa in Namibia is defined as the Visa issued to people looking for:
1. prospects to set up formal business in Namibia
2. exploratory or fact-finding business missions
3. business people attending meetings at subsidiaries of their parent companies
4. Official government visits
5. Attending conferences, corporate events (not work) and meetings for which no remuneration is received
6. Charities, voluntary and expedition missions
7. Attending short training courses (not more than 90 days)
8. sports events
9. expositions and trade fairs.
10. Business Invitation letter from the Namibian Companies/Institutions/Agencies required for applicants travelling for business to Namibia along with a letter from the local company giving details about the applicants position in the company, purpose of visit, period of stay and undertaking that the company will borne all expenses pertaining his/her visit.
Requirement with Visa Applications
- Form 3-1/003, an application for a visa should be duly filled by the applicant in (2 sets)along with two recent passport- size photos with white background.
- Include a statement/covering letter from the applicant clearly stating the purpose and duration of visit.
- This to be accompanied by a valid passport of every applicant applying for a visa.
- Application fee where applicable.
- Yellow fever-Inoculation is a requirement only if the journey to the Republic of Namibia entails passing through the yellow fever area of Africa and/or South and Central America by any other means that by a scheduled air service. (The validity of yellow fever certificates begins 10 days after the date of vaccination.)
- Business Invitation letters from the Namibian Companies/Institutions/Agencies required for applicants traveling for business to Namibia along with a letter from the local company giving details about the applicants position in the company, purpose of visit, period of stay and undertaking that the company will borne all expenses pertaining his/her visit.
- Invitation letters from relatives/friends in Namibia along with a copy of their passports/ID clearly showing their valid permits in Namibia.
- People going for tourism should provide confirmed hotel bookings for the period of stay in Namibia.
- Day to day travel itinerary, proof of return tickets should be enclosed.
- Proof of sufficient funds in the form of copies of international credit cards, recent bank statements or dollars endorsed on the passports.
- In case of spouses joining family, marriage certificates have to be provided as proof of relationship.
- A photocopy of front and back page of every passport along with copies of any previous Namibian visa has to be accompanied with every application.
- Students traveling must be in possession of the admission letter and necessary documents.
- Bank statement
- A copy of Residence Permit for Non Residence
Please find attached the bank details. Please make sure all the transfer costs are paid to have the exact amount in our account. Attach the bank payment slip with all the necessary documents and send to our Mission.
- Business Visa USD 90 (five working days)
- Holiday Visa USD 70(five working days)
- Express Visa USD 140 (two working days) the reason why it takes 2 working is because to wait the money to reflect in our account.
USD 70 for holiday,(five working days) USD 90 for Business (five working days) and USD 140 for express (two working days)
The reason why it takes 2 working is because to wait the money to reflect in our account.
Please note the visa fee is non-refundable.
Please be advised you may apply and forward your document via any courier services
Please let me know if you may need more information
United States Dollars(USD) Name of the Bank :
Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited
Branch : Kinondoni
Name in which account is held : High Commission of the Republic of Namibia
Swift Addreess : SBICTZTX
Account No. 912 0000 892 767
Type of account: Current
Visa Requirements for Foreigners travelling to Namibia
Nationals from the countries listed below are not required to obtain Visas to travel to Namibia for visits shorter than three months for Holiday and Business purpose:
|France||Netherlands||United States of America|
|Single Entry Visa (Valid for 3 Months):||US$.70|
|Multiple/Dual Entry Visa (Valid for 3 Months):||US$.140|
|Express Service (2 Working day):||US$.140|
|Business Visa(not exceeding 90 days / annum):||US$.90|
|Issuing of Birth, Death or Marriage Certificate:||US$.35|
|Copy of Birth, Death or Marriage Certificate:||US$.35|
|Application for changing of a major’s forename in the Birth Register:||US$.35|
|Application for changing of a minor’s forename in the Birth Register:||US$.35|
|Ordinary Namibian Passport (32 pages):||US$.60|
|Replacement of lost / damaged /stolen Namibian Passport:||US$.70|
|Emergency Travel Document:||US$.35|
|Replacement of lost / damaged /stolen Namibian Travel Document:||US$.60|
|Issuing of Original Citizen Certificate:||US$.35|
|Issuing of Duplicate Citizen Certificate:||US$.35|
|Resumption of Namibian Citizenship:||US$.35|
|Issuing of Apostille Certificate:||US$.35|
|Authentication of Namibian Documents:||US$.25|
|Issuing of Namibian ID Duplicate:||US$.45|
Submission of Applications : 09h00 – 13h00
Collection of Visas : 14h00 – 15h00, after 3-4 working days
Visa Forms can be obtained from the Namibia High Commission in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and can also be downloaded from here
Click download to download the Visa application form.
save the download (file) in your desired disk drive
You must have Adobe Reader installed in your system to read this Document
(Computerised Form). This form can be saved in .pdf after being filled and then can be printed with all the information filled in it. Please use CAPITAL LETTERS